Jim Haszard was recently appointed by the Nebraska Supreme Court to the District I Committee on Inquiry. The Committee has the following powers and duties:
· Review investigations and complaints presented to it by the Counsel for Discipline,
· Dismiss the complaint if satisfied it is without foundation and merit,
· Issue a private reprimand if the complaint indicates a matter not appropriate for a Formal Complaint,
· Make application to the Supreme Court requesting a member be placed on disability inactive status or for an immediate temporary suspension.
· Determine that there are reasonable grounds of discipline of the member and that the public interest would be served by the filing of a Formal Charge. The Counsel for Discipline will then file a Formal Charge.